Is this your first visit? Here’s the story so far: Continue reading
We are moving back to Ucluelet, y’all!!! We’re so happy!!!
One thing that’s pretty clear about my mother: she doesn’t want us spending a lot of time crying about her, or feeling sad around her. I think I’d be the same way, and I’m going to do my best to have as many happy conversations as we can.
Amid all this, the car, my Mom, it’s looking like we will be getting the house in Ucluelet. We saw it today, and it’s just perfect for our needs. No shared laundry, but a laundry room of our very own. Three bedrooms, all small but there’s three! I will finally, finally have my own office!
The kitchen is my favourite part about this little house – it has every essential thing that makes me happy:
– Cupboards. Believe it or not, cupboards can not be taken for granted out here. We haven’t had kitchen cupboards in 7 years, just a few shelves on the wall and bookcases to hold our kitchen stuff. Cupboards are glorious. They have doors on them and everything.
– enough room for a kitchen table. We haven’t had a kitchen table in 7 years. We’ve been eating on the couch. We’ll actually have sit-down suppers!
– a double sink AND a dishwasher.
– A window over the sink that overlooks the back yard. THIS is what is truly delightful.
– a cold room that has been closed off on the side of the house, off the kitchen. Apparently it becomes the hot room in the summer. But it’s covered storage.
This is literally the kitchen I have been visualizing for years. It’s awesome.
Other thrilling features:
– A living room. Not a main room that has our bed and our couch in it, no, a living room with enough room for a couch and a couple of chairs! Throw in a coffee table, a couple of lamps and a doily, you have grandma’s parlor!
– A backyard. Not just a patch under the landlady’s balcony, no. A full-on back yard, fenced, fire pit, picnic table. A HAMMOCK.
– Storage! There’s a cupboard under the stairs, just like in Harry Potter.
– Storage! A linen closet, for the love of all that’s holy! A closet that is just for sheets, towels and toilet paper!
– Storage! Three cute little bedrooms, each with windows and closets of their very own!
– LIGHT. It’s was quite overcast today, and yet you didn’t need a single light on in the house to see what you’re doing.
We don’t have a lot of stuff, we truly don’t. Our major furniture includes a bed, couch, two bookcases, a desk, a craft table, an office chair, pillows, kitchen stuff, linens and towels. Oh and some electronics. Books, a few dvds, clothes. That’s it that’s all. I don’t know how people make things work in those little tiny houses. We are living in about 700 square feet and we’re just two people. It’s tight, but you make it work.
You make it work, but there’s nothing like a little house that feels like home, where the landlord repairs what’s broken, but otherwise just lets you pay the rent and doesn’t bother you. One where the laundry room and the hydro bill is all yours. It will be such a relief, such a blessing. We will not be sharing walls with *anyone* – it’s a duplex, but the only shared wall is the stairwell. We will not be woken up by the neighbour’s adult living-at-home children talking at midnight. We certainly won’t be living under someone. It’s going to make a huge difference in our lives.
We’re going to have uninterrupted sleep. And we’ll have such quiet that if we want to go to bed early, we won’t be disturbed by the neighbour’s activities.
It’s so weird to have so much to be happy about, and have this sadness happening too. One doesn’t wipe out the other. I’m so happy and excited for this new house – we’ve needed it and have been looking for a place like it for a long time! And even though we’re not really allowed to be sad about my mother to her face, (or over the phone) of course that’s there, wrapped like crows wings around my happy heart.
Just a lot of happy and sad, all at once.
Hey y’all, Erik & I did this piece a week ago for Channeling Erik:
It’s been almost a year, but we’re back on that horse :). Enjoy!
Hey I did it! My first downloadable, mp3 class!
I created this hour-long class in response to requests here in Tofino for a Fortune Telling class, but no one here was able to get together on the same night!
Thinking like a podcaster, my solution was to create an audio class and make it available to everyone.
Powerful Divination with Tarot is designed to be a safe and fun way to practice telepathic communication with your angels, guides and loved ones, this practical guide will help you gain access to the answers to your burning questions about life, the universe and everything!
If you sign up to be a blog member (right hand menu) you’ll receive an email with a link to get $5 off! (Those who are already blog members have already received their discount code!)
Just my little thank you for all the love. Have a great day, everyone!
I am working on something so completely kick-ass I can’t wait to talk about it. My goal is to have it done by the end of the day, provided everything goes right!
I’m working on a class you can download and listen to for yourself! It’s called:
Powerful Divination with Tarot
It’s all about using tarot cards as a tool to develop your telepathic abilities and read the energy at work & play in your world!
I practically woke up with this class in my head as a result of a few locals requesting a tarot class, and none of them have time off together, nor do they have a lot of cash to spare.
So I’m making this class! Woo!
Okay, send me productive concentration vibes while I get back to work!
Hey folks! I decided to write about a few things that have been happening in my life that I’ve been holding back, because I just wasn’t comfortable about this information being available to anyone, anywhere.
So I’ll be using a password. You can get the password by clicking here, or clicking on the “get the password” link in the right-hand menu.
As a thank you, you will also be able to use this password to get a discount on your next reading with me!
Thank you all!
Sunshine got her first dose of her thyroid supplement last night, and this photo basically explains our night!
She felt *wired* all night ! I reminded me of when the dog picked coffee grounds out of the garbage and stood stock still and staring, and said “I have shakes!” (The caffeine tremors)
Sunshine was also very clingy needing reassurance last night, so there was not a lot of sleep for me.
We’ll see how it goes! Keep your paws crossed for us!