So we know by now that Erik talks to hundreds of people. (Probably, so do George, John, Marley, Kurt and who knows who else.) I’ve even gotten a few “get ready for the rollercoaster ride!” emails, and you can see one or two comments to that effect as well. It’s awesome, and I appreciate the head’s up.
I figured I’d share some tools I use in my life as a psychic that can help you guys, since you’re all talking to Erik and thereby becoming mediums yourselves. None of these are “rules” – every person needs to discover her/his best way of working, and everyone works differently. I just though I’d throw out what works for me:
1. Boundaries. Seriously, dude, no spooks in the BATHROOM, period. And around 7 or 8pm, I will say goodbye to pretty much everyone in spirit form. I have a very short “VIP” list of spirit friends and angels who are allowed in my house during my downtime. For me, Erik feels super-hyper, and while it’s a great way to wake up in the morning, I need him to leave my house so I can rest. When he goes, it’s like the place feels quieter. They don’t mind, and it’s important for YOU to get the rest that you need, so that you can function with clarity and precision the next time you talk to them.
2. Grounding. Ever run into a new age hippie type, or a psychic that seems to buzz and never blink and speak with an altered voice? The kind that’s almost repellant? That’s a lack of grounding, and the repellant part is your own instinct to keep clear that your energy field doesn’t pick up any of their crap. Grounding is our connection between Heaven and Earth – it’s literally a flow of energy from heaven, through our body, into the ground, down to the earth’s heart, and looping back up again. (I say “up and down” when really it’s resonating through dimensions, but you get what I’m sayin’) Google “Grounding Meditation” – almost every psychic has some free material out there (I enjoy Brian Weiss and Alea Dao). Use sound tones, imagery – whatever gets you there. Ground, stay grounded, then ground again. Search this blog for “grounding” because I have gone on and on about this topic.
3. Grounding. Did I mention how important grounding is? Did you know that sitting on the can is a grounding exercise? Seriously. Toilets have a water line and a pipe that goes right into the ground. If you feel buzzy, go find a toilet and sit on it!
4. Sleep. I sleep 8 – 12 hours a night since I started doing psychic work. Sometimes it seems like a waste of time, but I just have to trust I’m doing worthwhile things while I’m unconscious. I noticed a BIG jump in my sleep requirements. Get a sleep mask, use aromatherapy, use melatonin – whatever gets you there. If you have to wake up using an alarm, you need more sleep!
5. Expect respect. People and spirits will behave towards you how you expect them to behave. If a spirit (or human) ever does anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, even if it’s filling your nostrils with fart smells, you can tell him to cut it out and never repeat it. This is why banishing “evil” or “negative” entities requires a firm force of will and confidence – it comes down to knowing in your being that you are worthy of respect, and the others will fall in line. If they step over the line, all they need is a gentle reminder.
6. Tell them what you need. Did you just get a “brain dump” – a big download of information you can’t unravel? Ask them to rewind and give it to you slowly, one piece at a time. Ask them to repeat, say it louder, show it to you differently, or say it in different words. For the longest time I thought I wasn’t a great spirit medium (because I always understood the animals immediately, but the spirit guides, and “people” spirits were confusing to me.) Turns out all I needed to do was tell them what I needed to understand them. EVERYONE is motivated to get the message through.
7. Get Help! Network with other people who are learning, the whole CE family is awesome because it creates a safe space to all be talking to the same guy. Read lots of books by a lot of different psychics, read blogs (ahem!) and take everything with a grain of salt.
8. Clearing. When you’re sensitive to energy, you sense it all. Clear your living space and especially your sleeping space of clutter, knick-knacks etc. Crap on every surface will trap all kinds of energy, and you’ll walk around feeling it without realizing it. I love the book “Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui” – and whenever my life needs a boost I start selling my stuff and things get moving! It’s like magic! In addition to physically cleaning your living space, I suggest you incorporate some way of energetically clearing your space too – smudging, ringing bells, using salt, holy water, crystals – there are a million different ways. Do something that feels right to you – just be sure you DO IT. All your thoughts, emotions and the thoughts and emotions of other people can hang in the air, and as you become more sensitive, these residual bits of thought litter will make you feel tired, or they’ll interfere with your medium work.
9. Laugh. About everything. It’s like vitamins.
10. Meditate and Exercise every day if you can swing it. Try and avoid “junk food” too. You already knew that!